I'm always on the hunt for a good eye cream. When I was browsing through some webshops I found out about Eve Lom, a brand which I didn't know before. I was very curious, and tada: an Eve Lom eye cream review for you!
Eve Lom started out with cleansers, those cleansers became very popular and a true must-have. I didn't got any of the cleansers (maybe I should have), but instead I got the eye cream.
The eye cream promises to hydrate, diminish dark circles and reduce puffiness.
I forgot to photograph the box, such a pity. But the box looks a lot like the jar, white with gold writing. The box and jar both look very luxurious, and that is how I like my skincare. (Brands, take note.) If I order a product that is a bit more expensive I want at least a glass jar. The jar looks just beautiful with the gold lining and logo.
The jar contains 20ml, which is a bit more than other eye creams who are often 15ml. And a little goes a long, long, long way! You only need to touch the cream and it's enough for one eye. It's advised to use twice a day, but even then you will have enough for a very long time.
The cream is shea butter based and packed with a lot of other ingredients like:
- Ginseng-derived Jiaogulan: to boost blood circulation and reduce puffiness.
- Peptides: to firm and tone the eye-contour, reducing dark circles and inflammation.
- Swiss Garden Cress Extract: to aid an even and balanced skin tone.
- Sodium Hyaluronate: to help increase water retention in the skin and promote long-lasting hydration.
- Shea Butter and Rose Hip Oil: to help increase moisture absorption.
- Polysaccharides, extracted from Larch trees: to help further boost moisture levels.
- Echium Seed Oil: plant source of omega 3 and 6, to assist in rejuvenation and revitalization of the skin.
- Paracress Extract Alkylamides: to help tighten and smooth skin around the eye.
My experience with the cream has been very good. It hydrates very well. The cream is and feels very rich, you can tell that it has a shea butter base. But next to hydration, I wanted to try it for my dark circles. And (sadly) it did not exactly make them disappear. But it did gave a more radiant appearance.
Eve Lom - Eye Cream (€70)
The eye cream is definitely perfect to hydrate your eye contours, but it didn't diminish dark circles. To be honest, I didn't really expect that either. I have tried a lot of eye creams, and there is none that has done the trick. Concealer is and stays your best friend when it comes to dark circles.
Overall I think this is a nice eye cream. It feels nourishing, and I will continue using it!
Did you know Eve Lom?